Wednesday, March 8, 2023

About halfway through The Book Thief

 

Hello there Bookies,

Well I guess I know now why I don't normally read historical fiction books. It is the focus on all of the historical events taking place during the timeline of the book. Just reading about those historical events makes me feel like I'm reading textbooks in high school all over again. They kind of bore me. Anyway, The Book Thief is an interesting read. The book is told in the point of view of a grim reaper. The grim reaper grew interested in the book thief after they had collected her brother's soul. I should warn you that I won't be saying many names because I don't know how to spell them without looking them up and I'm too lazy to look up the names. Anyways the book follows our book thief during the time of world war two in Germany. Its nice to read a book like these because it give the point of view of what life was like living in Germany during Hitler's reign. It shows that even though you may not agree with something, you will still follow rules just to survive. Also it shows that life during the war wasn't that great over in Germany. Our book thief was stuck eating pea soup for days while her best friend was eating less because their house had seven mouths to feed instead of three. You are also probably wondering why the book thief is called that and it is because she stole a book that was dropped after her brother was buried. The second book she stole was from a pile of burned products and the book was too wet to catch on fire. So she saved it before it met a fate in flames. She was also gifted some books which made her book collection grow. But I might not end up liking this book and I won't end up hating it. It's just not my type of book. 

So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment