Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Started reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

 

Hey there Bookies,

First things first, the edition I have of this book is the blue cover with the sword but I couldn't find it on Goodreads. So this cover will have to do. Also, yes I have watched the show. I only got about halfway through season four before I got bored with it. Apparently I have a habit of not liking things the rest of the world is obsessed over. I check it out to see what the hype is all about and just don't get it most days. There have been some things I have read and watched and loved, but most of the time it's the opposite. Even though I could name a few examples, we are here to talk about the book. From what I heard the TV series only follows the first book almost exactly. But I haven't read the books yet. A mistake on my part when I've already seen half of the show. Now it's going to ruin what I come up with in the book. Also with how heavy this book is, I plan on both reading it on my own when I can and listening to the audiobook. Believe it or not this is actually the book I tried to read before my reading hiatus during the pandemic. I'm not saying that this book put me on a reading hiatus. But I was in a bad mind set when trying to read this book and it wasn't fair for the author to try to read during that. But now I have the book again and I'm excited to see what the hype is all about. Luckily I don't hear much about the books than I do the TV show. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment