Thursday, March 2, 2023

Finished reading Intertwined

 

Hello Bookies,

Well, yet another book where they wait until the very end to get interesting. I think this is the second book this month so far and it is by the same author. Maybe that is just Gena Showalter's writing style. I just never noticed it until after my hiatus. Anyways the book is okay. It isn't for me. I do plan on listening to the second book in the series. It's something nice to listen to while I play some mindless game like Minecraft at work. Would I recommend this book? If you don't mind the slow burn of the book, go ahead and check it out. But if you are like me and like action right away, this isn't the book for you. If you are into paranormal and don't mind a slow book that talks about background more than the actual plot, this might be your book. I'm sure that is why the book was so slow. The author was building a world and giving background on each character to progress the series. Hopefully the second book is a bit better. I just feel like there were parts that were repeating and it just helped the book drag on. The book has potential but there is room for improvement. The encounter with the witches could have been more exciting than a death threat before they leave and never be heard from again. Seeing Tucker's experience actually changed him for the better or not. Even seeing Ozzy getting caught and Aden watching him being arrested would have been interesting instead of just hearing about it. There was so much more that could have been explored but the opportunities were missed. I will not say how the book ended but even that could have used a little more improvement. Sadly the book gets two stars from me. I wanted to like it but I couldn't. It just feels like it is lacking a little bit. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment