Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Almost done reading Shiver

 

Hello Bookies,

I feel like this book took way longer than it needed to. Anyway nothing much happens in the book. It starts with Grace meeting Sam in wolf form because she gets attacked by the pack. She only gets attacked because it was a long hard winter and they were hungry. Then the book takes place six years after the attack. A kid at Grace's school gets attacked by wolves and is determined dead. Which results in a group of hunters getting together to kill the wolves. Now I have one question with the author on making this choice only because wolves are my favorite animal and seeing a group of people shoot wolfs because of one kid's death. Yes, he was a rich kid in the book. But wasn't there a different way to handle the meeting between Grace and Sam? Couldn't we have had a new wolf try to fight Sam for dominance and he ended up injured that way? I'm sure there could have been something else to do other than shooting the animals. But I'm not the author and it was not my choice. I'm sure they had their reasons. Anyway the book drags on as secrets get revealed and characters learn who they can and can't trust. Also looking for a very rage induced new wolf and trying to find them before someone gets seriously hurt keeps the story going a bit. But where I left off in the book is that Grace is trying to help same from changing. She was told that there was no cure for the condition Same has but she is determined to figure it out. Because she was bit and she didn't change. But if you want to know more about the book, I recommend you to read it. It is a good book for those that don't mind the slow burns in the paranormal world. Me, on the other hand, likes action right away. Slow burns kind of bore me a little. So this isn't a book for me. It got about two stars for me. It was okay, just not for me. I do plan on reading the second book because once I start a series I have to finish it. But I'm on to the next book.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment