Sunday, March 26, 2023

Almost done reading Game of Thrones

 

Hello Bookies,

Nothing seems more satisfying than finishing a book that is as thick and as heavy as the edition I got of this book. I have like two chapters left but they're short. I'm pretty much am done with this book. Also I did request the second book of this series. Not sure when I will get it, it depends on when the wheel lands on it. That is how I select my books. I put them in a randomizer wheel and spin it. Anyway this book was long and full of information. I have no idea what to tell you. Pretty sure I tuned most of it out. It's kind of like trying to explain the television series. The book's chapters are split into different points of views of different characters. You have Jon Snow with he beginnings in the Night's Watch. You have Sansa with her desire to be married to Geoffry. You have Eddard with his life as the Hand of the King. Catelyn with her life of children going to war and her husband going to King's Landing. There are others but those are just some examples. I'm not sure if I have a favorite character at this point. I'm still not a fan of the whole series, but I'm trying it out. The television series does follow this book pretty closely and I give it a thumbs up for that. But I heard that after this it goes way off. Now I'm just curious as to how off it goes. Either way this book is big and has a lot going on. If you don't mind the loads of information it dumbs on you, then go ahead and read this book. There are some action scenes but not many. I'm just curious if the second book is going to be more interesting. I guess the only way to find out by reading it. But that will have to wait. Sadly this book got two stars from me. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment