Sunday, March 12, 2023

About halfway through Shiver

 

Hello fellow Bookies,

Well, I don't know what to say about this book so far. In all honesty I thought I would really enjoy this book when I first grabbed it. But in the books defense, it is the first in a series and it is giving some background. It's explaining the characters and the mysteries held in the series. There really isn't much to go on in a book where you have to explain how werewolves exist and how they change. I guess you have to go through the boring stuff to get to the interesting stuff. At least that is what I'm telling myself. But I think it is safe to say that I'm not in a paranormal phase anymore. I haven't found on paranormal related book that makes me want to read it in one sitting. Not since I have been back from my reading hiatus. I'm sure I've gotten close but still none that I can think of. It also amazes me that out of 14 books I've read, we've only had one five star book. So far everything has either been two or three stars. Yes, this book is probably going to fall into the pile of okay books but not for me. Unless something huge happens at the end of the book that makes me change my mind. But so far it isn't looking up. Even listening to the audiobook is kind of meh. Maybe its the monotone of the audiobook that is ruining the story. Who knows? I'm just trying to not bash this book too much.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment