Friday, May 12, 2023

Almost done reading Strange Angels

 

Hello Bookies,

I can't help but get Supernatural vibes from this book. I wonder if the author used the show as inspiration. Drew has a mother that died after hiding her in a secret spot in a closet. Her father then becomes a hunter of the supernatural and drags her into it. Father dies and now she must use what she knows to survive. The only thing missing is that she doesn't have an equally badass sister by her side. Instead she has a werewolf and a half vampire to help her out. Also she is fighting vampires, not demons. Those might come up in the series later on though. She is learning so much about herself and she is a bit confused on all she knows. She thought she knew who her mom was, but she is learning something new every day. The book is a typical introductory into what the series is about. I know I wanted to read this book after completing the series Vampire Academy but I never got to it. I go through phases and I guess I just picked up this book right when I got out of that phase. I'm sure if I was younger I would have enjoyed this book. I still enjoy it but I can't get past the fact that it is a little boring. I'll still try to finish the series since I started it finally. But the book got two stars from me.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment