Thursday, May 18, 2023

Finished reading The Wife Between Us

 

Hey there Bookies,

I finished this book right before I went to bed so I couldn't update it until now. Anyways the ending was a little exciting but it still wasn't what I expected. Not a whole lot of excitement or suspense. The book has three parts. The first part is between two different timelines to get the backstory. Which confused me a little when part two started. Part two is just the main character trying to convince the new bride-to-be to not marry her ex-husband all the while looking over her shoulder. Also she learns the truth about her ex more as he still "punishes" her for going against he "perfect" image. Also it shows how the marriage really went and how he twisted it all around to make him look like the victim and her the crazy one. Part three is freeing the bride-to-be from ever getting hurt. Which the main character sacrifices herself in order to bring out the truth. The ending still left some unanswered questions and one of them has to do with the sister of the ex-husband. You are left with this thought that she may love him more than a brother but it is never confirmed. You just get that feeling. You also learn even more about the ex-husband's past and his behavior is a learned one. I can't say much about the book really. That just pretty much summarized it. The book still gets three stars from me. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I was still in my suspense phase. Now I'm just reading the leftover books I have before I try to figure out what phase I am in now. The struggles of being a bookworm.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment