Sunday, May 21, 2023

Finished reading You Are Not Alone

 

Hey there Bookies,

This book wasn't really suspenseful until you get to part three where the main character Shay is trying to figure out why Jane and Cassandra were trying to frame her for a murder. She is trying everything she can to survive and avoid these two sisters. There is a small twist at the end but it isn't life changing. But eventually everything works out in the end. Well, sort of. You do have to go through Shay's struggles after she learns that everything she knew was a complete lie when it comes to the sisters. It was all part of the sisters' plan so they could frame her for something they had a part in. I think these books just fascinate me because the authors do a good job giving you that false sense of security and then throw you in a world where nothing is what it appears to be. I'm sure I would have enjoyed this book more if I was still in this phase but I'm not. To me it was a little boring until the end. The book got three stars. I still enjoyed it but not enough to want to keep reading. Even though I was listening to the book whenever I had the chance. I do plan on reading more books by these authors but it will be after a small break in a different genre. The book is highly recommended to those that love the slow build up in suspense. The false sense of security before everything falls apart in an instant. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment