Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Finished reading The Spanish Love Deception

 

Hello there Bookies,

I finished this book right before bed. I think I'm seeing a pattern here when it comes to audiobooks. Anyways, this book was so predictable towards the end. But instead of the guy begging the girl forgiveness with have the girl doing it. Our main female character, Lina, got too much in her head and ruined her relationship with Aaron. She didn't trust him enough to give her heart entirely to him and it back fired. But when she realized that she loved him and wanted to be only with him, she hoped onto a plane and flew to his hometown to confess her love to him. Of course the setting she chose for that wasn't quite appropriate, but I'm glad the author made note of that and included it in Lina's thoughts as she was telling Aaron all of the right words. Of course he didn't put up much of a fight to take her back. I think he was just grateful that she was there with him in a time of need. But the book ends on a happy note. There were parts in the book that made me want to laugh out loud but I tried my best not to. I didn't want to get weird looks from my family for laughing at something they can't hear. Anyways the book got three stars from me. If it wasn't as predictable as it was, I would have probably given it four stars. It's a good book but it just isn't for me. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment