Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Started reading Frozen by Melissa De La Cruz & Michael Johnston

Honestly I forgot that I even won this book in a contest, but it arrived in the mail just recently. So I figured I'd check it out right away because the other book I'm reading isn't going anywhere. But my first impression of the book was the fact that the cover was really cool. In the sunlight it did this rainbow shine effect, making it look the Northern Lights. I was highly entertained by that for a least twenty minutes. I'm such a simple mind. But I first read it out loud to my mom while waiting in the car with her when we picked up my younger adopted siblings. Lesson learned on that one. We can never take anything seriously when we are together. Especially a book. Anyways, with the first few pages I read, the book felt like it was repeating a lot. Well at least in the very beginning. Also the layout of the book is a little confusing. I say this because it seems to be in parts. Also it switches between two different characters every new chapter. But I do get the setting of the story. It seems like its in the future and that maybe the volcano in Yellow Stone erupted because half of the world is in ruin and froze over. I say this because scientists say that if Yellow Stone erupted, half of the USA would be destroyed and the ash cloud would cover the sky completely, creating the new ice age. But there is one question that rises with this book. Why is is so bad to have blue eyes? Like what happened that made those people so different? If this was our world today, I'd be dead. Or, hunted down. Thats kind of scary to think about. Anyways, that is all I have to say about the book right now. I'm sure there will be a lot to talk about when I get halfway. I wonder what this book has in store for me that had all the big time reviewers praising it. So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment