Friday, December 15, 2017

Manga Post #11

I know it has been a while, but I'm back to reading mangas. I had to finish the books I had first before I could continue reading the series I had. But now I have my hands on them and ready to continue the adventures that these mangas hold.

It's been a while to the point that I almost forgot what had happened in the last volume. Anyways the attack against the village has come to an end. Sadly, not everyone escaped unscathed. It still gets me at the funeral scene even if I was reading it this time around and not watching it in the anime. It still tugs at my heartstrings. But at least Naruto saved his friends from death, but it just makes one of them angry and wants to do better. Also in this volume, my favorite character shows up. It is just an introduction to him and it just makes me all the more excited to read the next volume. I think someone mentioned that my favorite character eventually goes good and sacrifices himself to save the village. But I don't know how accurate that is until I actually finish the series. Either way, I enjoyed the manga, but I have to admit that it is kind of dragging on at this point. I know in the anime this was a slow period before something huge happens. I think I'm getting close to the part where Suske (sorry if I spelled the name wrong) runs off to join the bad guys because he wants more power to kill his brother. I'm not sure, but the only way to find out is to read more.

I first have to mention that the cover of this volume looks pretty cool. I'm not sure why, but it does. Anyways, this is another series I almost forgot what was going on because it has been so long. But after a few pages, I remembered how the other one had ended and I'm like "oh yeah, now it makes sense". In the previous volume, our main character gets held captive by a bunch of bad ghouls. He is currently being held against his will thinking that he was saving lives by giving himself up. Sadly, his torture is in complete vain when the people he tried to save is killed right in front of him. Also during this time, he is slowly losing his sanity. Even to the point that he is seeing Rize. But eventually, he fights his way out of the sticky situation just as the investigators are battling it out with the bad ghouls. I wonder what our main character's friends will think of him after they see what his torture has done to him. Now I'm just wondering whether or not our main character is going to be reunited with his friends while on the battlefield or will it be back in ward 20. Who knows? But I like how the volume ended with a bit of a cliffhanger by bringing in this supposed one-eyed ghoul that is like our main character.

That is all for now, I have other things to read but it was nice to get back to my mangas after such a long time. But I'm going to head out for now.

So until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment