Friday, December 22, 2017

Rereading The Devil Laughed by Gerrie Ferris Finger

Hello Bookies,

I didn't get a chance to pick up my books from the library before the holidays, so I'm stuck with the books I have until the place opens again. So I figured I make the posts for The Devil Laughed right this time around since I have to reread everything. I guess that happens after it being missing for two or three years.

The book starts off with our main character joining what I assume is her boyfriend at a cook out with some friends during the 4th of July. The weather apparently has been really hot and there has been a drought so bad that fireworks got cancelled and the lake that are at is really low. So low that they are able to spot a missing boat just sticking out of the water. There is quite a story behind the boat that is full of mystery and questions. Two couples were on the boat, they did some activites and then took off to never be seen again. Only to have a body wash up while the others are mysteriously gone along wiht the boat. There was a huge search party, but the boat was never found. Well, at least until now when the lake is really low. Anyways, our main character's friend knows that its big to find the missing boat that she just has to stick her nose into the investigation that is going on. But eventually the whole group gets directed away. Leaving them to discuss the situation and the history of the case while eating their 4th of July meal. I kind of remember this part and it all feels a little weird to me but they are all just throwing around ideas and theories at this point. But the next chapter introduces our main character meeting her new client. She has her own business to find missing children, but she ends up getting the daughter of one of the missing people looking to her for help in finding her mother. The daughter is sure her mother is alive and doesn't believe in the rumors. Her hope is even high strong when a body is found in the same lake the sailboat was found. I can't remember if they found out who the body was. I think they reveal it later on, but I'm not sure. But slowly things are starting to get back to me. But I'm going to head out and continue reading.

So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment