Sunday, February 18, 2024

Almost done reading Fangirl

 

Hello there Bookies,

I'm not very optimistic when it comes to this reading challenge. I have a stack of books but this book took me at least four days to almost finish. I have a little over an hour left of it. A lot happens and I don't know what to say that won't ruin the book. Cath, our main character, is struggling as a writing. I feel that one, but she still loves her fanfiction. She is more active in that than working on her fiction writing class. Cath also gets to see her long lost mother and gave her a chance to talk things out. But just as Cath expected, she walked out instead. This meeting only happened because Cath's twin sister ended up in the hospital due to drinking too much. Which didn't go well with their father. He was tempted to take them out of college just to make sure Cath's sister didn't drink again. But he ended up putting his trust in them and let them finish up the semester. Now I am at the part where Cath is trying to build up her relationship with her boyfriend. That was a rollercoaster of wanting to slap the characters just to get them together. But now that they are together, I just want to slap Cath. She is too scared to do anything and even lose control. I just want to slap her and yell "Just go with the flow!" I hope things gets better with this girl. But the book gets three out of five stars from me. I liked it, but some parts kind of dragged on too much. Also the little inserts of a different story at the end of every chapter confused me at first but made more sense as I continued in the book. I understand why they were put in the book because Cath's life is wrapped around the characters of these inserts, but a little warning would have been nice. Instead they just throw it in there. Honestly, I don't think they are really that necessary and the book didn't really need them at all. But I totally get why the author put them in. This is still different from what I usually read, but I'm glad I read it. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment