Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Reading The Vegetarian

 

Hey Bookies,

I have to be honest here. I'm struggling with this book. It is interesting But with the constant interruptions, it is a little hard to follow. This is one of the books you have to listen to with full focus in order to understand what is going on. I'm not sure if I am going to actually finish this book. I did put this in the book under the prompt "Set in a country you never visited" since it takes place in South Korea. This book also lands in a few other prompts but I picked the first one I saw. I'll at least try to get at least halfway through this book. It isn't that long but like I said, it is hard to understand. All we have is that a young woman suddenly decided to become a vegetarian after she started to experience a series of violent nightmares. The book focuses around her family members trying to understand what is going on with this young woman and also trying to get her to eat meat because she was simply wasting away. Like I said, the book is interesting but with interruptions it is hard for me to follow. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment