Friday, February 23, 2024

Finished reading The Silent Patient

 

Hello there Bookies,

I didn't expect to finish this book so quick. It was actually so good to the point that I didn't want to put it down. The main mystery is to try to figure out why this one patient won't talk after the death of her husband. We follow the therapist who is working on her case and we get glimpses into his personal life. Now this whole time we are thinking that everything is in the present tense. But once the big twist comes, you find out that it wasn't the case. Then I really didn't want to put the book down. But I feel like now that I know what happened in the book, I won't be able to enjoy the twist as much. With that thought in mind, the book gets a four out of five stars. But if I would have my memory of this booked wiped just so I could read it again, I would. I liked it that much. I'm glad this book was recommended to me and I will recommend it to those that are looking for a book that is full of mystery until the very end. Nothing in this book left hints towards the twist and the truth. I kind of liked that because the twist just takes you more by surprise when it comes. 

So until next time..

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment