Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Almost done reading Moorewood Family Rules

 

Hey Bookies,

Well, I didn't finish this book as soon as I wanted. Again the results of a family that doesn't respect that I have a book in my hands or headphones in my ear. But a lot has happened in this book. We have our main character who we will call Jule because I am not sure how to spell her actual name. I returned the book already and finishing with the audiobook. Anyway Jule is from a family of con-artists. For generations they have been stealing and conning people. But Jule had shown up unexpected after a few months being away. She is introduced to her Uncle Jay's girlfriend Izzy and there are suspicions about her as you get further into the book. My thought is that she is an undercover FBI agent trying to catch Jay doing his con work so they can throw him into prison. Not confirmed, just my thought. Then we have Jule's cousin Anika who is dating a rich guy named Harry and is trying to marry him. To her, he is her ticket out of the family but Jule isn't allowing her to con her way into marriage. Then we have Jule's other cousin Astrid who is quite the evil little character. Also she is the apple that didn't fall far from Uncle Jay's tree. But Astrid is capable of doing anything to keep her lifestyle and I mean anything. There are other characters in the story but these are the main focus ones. Jule has spent a lot of time in prison for trying to clean up her father's mess. Her family was hoping she wouldn't return, but she did. Jule controls everything and wants her family to give of their con-artist ways. But they refuse because it is all they know. Now Jule's life is in danger and she has to agree to have a bodyguard named Beck. Good thing Beck is around because not only is he trying to keep her alive but also trying to keep her from being returned to prison. There is so much going on in the book that I can't tell you all of it or it would ruin the book. I gave you a small rundown in hopes you will pick up the book. I really like it and it gets three out of five stars. I should explain why my rankings are so low in one of these posts. But I do recommend the book. There is a bit of romance but it is more of a subplot in the book. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment