Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

 

Hello Bookies, 

I'm reading a classic for my reading challenge. I don't know much about this book when I first got it. The cover just interest me. From what I have learned so far in the book is that we are following a young woman named Mary. She lives in an estate with her sister and uncle. Everyone in their village are scared of them or dislikes them for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that the sister was accused of murdering her parents and other family members. Even though she was acquitted for the crime, people still talk about it behind their backs. Uncle Julian was also poisoned but he survived. Sadly the poison still took a toll on him and he is a lot weaker. He can't even really take care of himself. I guess the story is going to focus around this family and trying to figure out who poisoned the family using sugar. This is not something I would usually read, but at least I can say I finally read a classic book. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment