Thursday, February 8, 2024

Listening to Vintage by Susan Gloss

 

Hey Bookies,

I'm starting my Book Bingo Challenge. I'm two books in and that is because the two books were graphic novels that just so happen to fit some prompts on the bingo card. This book fits the prompt for Local Author. Still so weird to know about the places the book talks about since I went to school in the area. I'm not sure of the plot of the book or the storyline. It kind of hops around between three main characters. We have a vintage store owner who is going through the struggle of trying to keep her shop while her landlord wants to sell the building because prices are going up. I guess they just want to win the advantage of the rising real estate and make big money so they can open a new building in a lesser area. Another character we follow is a woman who grew up in India but moved to America when she got married. Now she is just selling things that have meaning because she found out her husband had an affair for ten years with an old lover. The last character is an eighteen year old girl, who I assume got dumped by her boyfriend after he found out she was pregnant. The eighteen year old is going through the struggles of trying to survive after her mother died and trying to stay afloat long enough to enter college. I feel like this book is just people trying to survive their struggles and the story is them going through the struggles. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone get over the struggles by the end of the book. If you ask me, this book isn't interesting to me. But I'm doing it for the grand prize in the reading competition. I'm hoping that I can finish this book. I'm to the point that I'm spacing out and don't even know what is going on in the book.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment