Thursday, February 22, 2024

Starting to read The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides


 Hey Bookies,

I'm on to my next reading prompt. This one is a book recommended by a librarian. This is a book I've been dying to read and glad that I now have an excuse to read it. I started this late at night, so I am pretty far already. The story revolves around a woman that is accused of killing her husband. But no one knows if it is true or not because the woman doesn't speak. So we follow a psychotherapist who is put in charge of this woman. Their job is to try to figure out why she stopped talking and get her to speak again. It has been a rough start. The first meeting was unsuccessful because the patient was too drugged out to even comprehend anything. The second meeting resulted in her beating the crap out of him and nearly killing him. Third meeting had a bit of progress. Of course, we also get a bit of background of the psychotherapist and their personal life. It seems that the more he works on this patient, the more his life starts to crumble. Or, at least that is what I have seen so far. I'm not sure how far I am actually in the book because I only have the audiobook in MP3 player form. This book is pretty popular and in order for me to read it, I have to find ways to get my hands on it. I'm already hooked on this book and can't wait to see what else is going to happen.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment