Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Finished reading The Prince and the Dressmaker

 

Hello Bookies,

Well it took me an hour to read this book. Maybe I shouldn't read graphic novels. I go through the too quickly. Anyway, I loved this book. It was so cute. Sadly it will probably get maybe four stars. Maybe three. I have to weigh the pros and cons first. I loved the story it was telling, the deeper meaning. How it is okay to be yourself. Yeah there will be people who will make fun of you about it, but there are always people there to support you. I also like the fact that the Prince is pretty much a genderfluid person or at least a representation of it. You don't see a lot of books about it where I live. So to find one makes me feel all warm inside to see something representing something that people don't really understand. Now if I can find a book that can represent the way I am in the LGBTQIA+ community. Anyway I love how the book gave the prince someone he could rely on to share his secret with. It is a shame he was too scared to tell his parents about who he really was but that is normal. The part I found really rude was how the prince's secret was revealed. Public humiliation is never the answer. Not sure what that person was trying to prove. But sadly that is how the real world is sometimes. I'm just glad the book had a happy ending. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment