Wednesday, August 3, 2022

I DNF Succubus Blues

 

Hello there Bookies,

I tried. I really did. But after reading two more chapters and almost falling asleep on the couch, I decided to not torture myself anymore. As much as I wanted to read this book, I just can't keep reading it. This was a book I thought I'd like because I liked a similar book series to this one called the Riley Jenson Series by Keri Arthur. Both have mysteries going on, both are supernatural books, both have strong lead women that don't like to go by the rules to get the answers they want. But sadly this book is a little dry to me. It is so boring and nothing really happens. Yes the main character's friends get attacked or have the fear of being attacked, but like I said before, the book doesn't focus on that enough to keep the story interesting. Instead the story just focuses on the main character and how she is fighting her succubus urges while trying to live a normal life. I would have to give this book one star because it was boring and dry to me. It probably has potential but I didn't like it at all. I'm sure that someone would like this book and I would recommend it to them if they like the slow mystery like books. With a hint of romance. But this book is just not for me at all. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment