Wednesday, February 15, 2023

About halfway through Hold on Tight

 

Hello Bookies,

Well, I might soon have more time to read in the near future. I had an interview at my favorite place in the world. That's right, I might be working at the library. Books all around. Anyway I guess I need to talk about the book I'm reading. I feel like I just started this book and I'm already halfway through. When I started this book it was just like every other romance story I have read. Girl loses her first love to a tragic accident and then is shipped off to where no one will see her again. Then she returns with the child of her first love but she is bitter because she believes everyone had abandoned her in a time of need. She also has sexual tension with the older brother of the first love. Then it is all push and pull between the two. The older brother keeps reminding himself that she is the mother of his nephew. She keeps telling herself that it will just end in heartache and blah blah blah. We've all had this kind of story before. It kind of feels like a Hallmark movie at this point. But the book is okay so far. I will admit that I did tear up a little bit at some parts and it is really hard for books to do that for me. I can say that this book isn't five stars but it is a possible four stars. We will find out once I finish the book. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment