Thursday, February 9, 2023

Almost done reading We Were Liars

 

Hello Bookies,

Well, I almost finished the book. It was an interesting read and the majority of the book is just family members lying to Cady about what happened or just avoiding the subject. It was like they were told not to say anything as long as Cady didn't remember. I can't tell you what happened in the third part of this book. That would spoil the whole mystery. But I can tell you that most questions if not all get answered. I did enjoy this book and it did keep me reading, but I did have to pull out an audiobook to finish the book. About halfway it felt like the book was just repeating itself. It got a little boring for me, so I had to find an audiobook to follow along with. The book gets about three and a half stars from me but since I have to do full stars, I'll have to round down and give it three. The book was almost a four star book but the slow pace in the middle kind of hurt it in the end. But by being my first E. Lockhart book, I didn't hate it. I found it interesting and I do plan on reading more book by this author in the future. I just don't know when with a "To Be Read" list longer than 10,000 books. I have a long ways to go. Wish me luck.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment