Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Finished reading Scythe


 Hey there Bookies,

The good thing about snow storms is that you get to have more time on your hands to either read or listen to an audiobook while playing video games. I didn't think I would finish this book so quick. It got pretty interesting in the end. It was interesting to see what cruelty drives a person to do. I can't tell you how the book ended because that would spoil the whole thing. The second half is the two apprentices learning how to be Scythes. One through compassion and the other through cruelty. So depending on how they student is taught determines how the student turns out at the end of the final test. Everything has a cause and an effect. This book really sent that message. Sadly I still can't get past the world building. I felt like at times that I was really getting into the plot and the author is like "Oh I forgot this detail of the world, let me explain." I looked forward to the second book though because now that the world building should be done, I can focus on what happens to Citra and Rowan. But until then I'm going to read the other books I got from the library. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment