Friday, February 10, 2023

Reading Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

 

Hello Bookies,

I've been listening to the audiobook of this book. I'm starting to get into audiobooks and I solved the issue of the whole out of sight thing. As long as I have the physical copy with me, I don't forget about the audiobook. I sometimes read along. Most of the time I'm sorting my TBR list. Anyways the book is about this girl who is pretty much an outcast at school due to her weight. She started to work out every morning to loose that weight. But during one of her workouts she meets a strange man. This strange man give her a box with buttons and levers on it. The levers give gifts like chocolates and coins. But the buttons he never explains what they do. Just says which continent they are related to. Then the man disappears. Gwendy keeps the box safe and only uses it for the chocolates it gives. Her life is turning up for the better and she figures out what those buttons are for. Terrified of the box now, she hides it in a wall. But things get a little more crazy the longer she holds on to the box. For example, the boy who keeps bullying her ends up in a car crash and brakes his left arm in the same way that Gwendy had dreamt herself breaking his arm. Now she doesn't know what to think of the box.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment