Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Against the Wall and Sign

I still have bookmarks. Comment if you want one and just think of it as my apology for not writing any posts the past few days. The holidays get a little crazy in my house.

Anyways, you guys are probably thinking I forgot all about this book. When was the last time I said anything about it anyways. But that is besides the point since I have enough to tell you what is going on in the book with a little recap if I haven't said much. So our main character is named Shel, probably short for Shelly. Anyways, she is a teacher at a high school who recently went through a break up with another teacher with in the school. She didn't take the break up too easily because one, they were engaged and two, he ends up dating the sluttiest teacher in the school. Basically its just a school full of teachers that are doing each other. In a sense. Anyways, our main character ends up forming this lust crush on her best  friend Matty, who is -what do you know? he's a teacher too at the same school. So Matty and Shel end up having lunch together which starts a whole bunch of rumors that they are sleeping together. Only because Matty has serious hots for Shel. The guy doesn't even care if he is a rebound, he just wants a shot. But this also makes Shel's ex furious in some sense and comes after them and tries to set Matty off. Sadly it doesn't really happen, but gets pretty close. Then all is good. Even when Matty comes to the rescue and helps Shel out a situation with her ex at a football game. I see wedding bells in the future with these two. What girl doesn't want her own knight in shining armor?

But lets get to the next book I'm reading. I may have complained about the book a little too soon. Because I'm pretty sure the characters has entered the twilight zone as soon as I finished complaining how slow the book is. Basically our main characters are driving in some thick fog. I think I told you that they hit something, but didn't know what. Well they escape the fog and come up to a well lit gas station. Only problem is that the gas station hasn't had anyone there in years. Also there is no hint to where they are. All they had was a comic book with the word Sign as the title. Creepy. Sadly while they are investigating the gas stations a dark figure ends up slashing all four of their tires and then leads them to an already running truck. They end up investigating the truck and find some things that remind one of the characters of their child hood. But he thinks the truck is safe enough and has his wife climb in with him. Sadly there is no way to tell them how much gas they have, but decide to drive off anyways. I mean anywhere is better then a creepy abandoned gas station. Well until they turn on the headlights and see the word Sign freshly painted on the back of the gas station. That sure made them high tail it out of there, making them feel safe, but I wouldn't count my chickens just yet. Especially when the chapter ends with something stirring under the tarp in the back of the truck. This book just got crazy. So until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment