Friday, January 2, 2015

Almost finished reading Against The Wall

Okay, I'm amazed on how quick I have gone through this books since I started reading it again. I mean, I didn't expect to be almost finished reading since the last post I made about this book. You might believe it, but I don't. Anyways, I know you are all wrapping up the holidays and going back to your normal lives. So the last thing you want to read is a post about a book that I've put aside so I can read books from the library. Its pick up day so I'm going to rush through this book along with Sign. Hopefully I'll finish at least one before heading to the library for pick up. Holidays suck because the place is closed. If only I was allowed to go to the book store. Of course after spending almost a hundred dollars on books the last time I was there, my mother tries to keep me busy enough not to go. Sad face. Anyways, lets get talking about the book.

So I'm not sure where I left off with the last post, but our main character Shel is enjoying her 'non-relationship' with her 'non-boyfriend'. If you read the book you'll understand the reason for the air quotes that I used. Anyways, things are all dandy between them. They are so dandy that she is allowed to date other people because he doesn't feel like he needs to worry. Also when the holidays come around, they separate where Shel must face the music with her family. And, I mean she has to face the music of her mother telling her how to do everything and try to hook Shel up with approved suitors. Sounds like something my grandmother would do. I don't know why Shel doesn't tell her mother that she is already seeing someone at this point. Anyways, Shel's brother hooks up with her best friend. The horror she must feel going through that. Then the new year rolls around and things get complicated. Nothing like having your ex plant one on you right in front of your boyfriend. So tons of miscommunication there. But everything works out and our couple is now officially a couple. Like they weren't before. But that is as far as I got and this book will probably end with a proposal. So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment