Sunday, January 4, 2015

Reading The Golden Lily

Okay I understand that this is a pretty old book and then everyone pretty much has read it. Pretty much read the whole series by now, but I don't flippin' care. I'm going to talk about it anyways. So suck it. Anyways, I remember bits and pieces from the first book, which I read like three years ago. Doesn't seem long, but when a whole series is out in that time span, its pretty fricken long. I think this book just came out when I read the first one. That is a pretty long time. Anyways, enough of my rambling. The first book has our main character Sydney go under cover to protect a vampire/moroi princess. She is joined by two dhampirs named Eddie and Angeline to help protect the princess, Jill. Also there is another vampire with them named Adrian. If you read the Vampire Academy series, which I'm sure you did, you see that all of these names are quite familiar. Anyways, in the first book there was some illegal trafficking of vampire blood to make forbidden tattoos run by Sydney's partner. Sorry for the spoiler if you didn't start reading the series yet. But after everything is solved in that book, everything since fine and dandy. So I'm not sure what this book is about. I pretty much just plain forgot over the years of avoiding it in a sense. I just jumped right in with out reminding myself what was going on. So like me. Anyways, Sydney did some business with the organization she is part of. Comes back to the school she has been staying at undercover to find out that Angeline won't follow rules. Stress factor right there. Also she gets pressured in a date with a friend of a friend, which brings out signs that Adrian might actually have the hots for her. Sadly only Jill knows what Adrian is really feeling towards anyone because of their bond. But it is pretty obvious that there is going to be some forbidden romance going on in either this book or later on in the series. Now the question is, will Sydney stick to everything she has been taught? Or, will she throw it all away for a forbidden love? Hopefully this thought will keep me motivated enough to read the whole series. Also who are these vampire hunters that an old vampire keeps talking about? I think he's not crazy at all and that Trey is one of them. So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment