Sunday, September 11, 2016

Let's get personal #2

Hey there Bookies,

It's Let's Get Personal Sunday. I really don't know what to talk about for this post, to be honest. I'm pretty sure people would be talking about the terroritst attack that had happened on this day in 2001. But I don't want to talk about that tragady. Actually today has a different meaning to me. Today is the birthday of one of the most supportive people that I had in my life. My grandma Lois would have been about 72 or 73 today if she was still around.

I think its also one of the reason why I started writing again. I was really close to her and I took her passing really hard. Also it doesn't help that it was so unexpected. But she always pushed me to live my life to its full potential. And when she died, I made a promise saying that I would do what ever it took to live out my dreams.

With that promise, I went to school for Music Engineering. Met the love of my life. Picked up writing full force again. I even went to Baltimore twice. I also have more plans to travel out of the country, I'm actually working on getting my passport now. I'm learning new languages and hopefully going back to school to better my writing. Also I'm in the process of opening two business with one hopefully opening up next year.

My grandma has been such an insperation for me for the past few years. Especially when I go through such a hard time with my own personal issues that I really don't like talking about. Maybe I'll talk about it once in a future post. But anyways, just knowing that I'm making my grandma Lois proud in Heaven I have the motivation to do better with my life.

In her loving memory, I will continue to pursue my writing. See bands I never thought I'd see, even talk to them face to face. Like I did with some members of BAP. I swear my grandma was trying to be funny by torturing me with constantly throwing me in the path of Daehyun why we were there. Mean. Anyways, I will make sure to go to other places and even go to the countries I always wanted to go to, like Paris. Because I always dreamed of going to the art museum there and seeing the city. I also want to got back to New York and actually enjoy the city there. Currrently my mother and I are planning a trip to Korea to expose my little sister to an entirely different culture that what she is used to.

So I'm rambling too much that I got off topic. My grandma has always been a wonderful person. I have learned to tie my shoes in her presence. My favorite hard candy aka strawberry candy is the candy she always had in a bowl when I went to visit her. There is nothing but fond memories of her when I do remember her. There is also not a day that goes by that don't miss her. She has always been a huge part of my life and she will always continue to be a huge part. Every choice I make will result in me asking, "what would Grandma think about this?" and I want to live everyday to the point that I can write to her in my journal about my adventures.

Happy birthday Grandma. I miss you and I hope that I'm making you proud.

So until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment