Monday, September 19, 2016

Reading Dark Bites

Hey there Bookies,

Sorry for not posting in what feels like forever. I got sick and have just been sleeping instead of reading. Also, I would read while I'm sick in bed, but my baby sister broke my lamp. And, how that could be considered as no big problem. It's a problem when your room is in the basement and hardly have any light. So that is on my long to-do list that seems to never get any shorter. At least I'm slowly getting better with my cold.

So here is the rundown on what is going on with this book. From what I've said before, this book is a whole much of short stories put together. The first story is the legend that was mentioned in Styxx and it's actually nice to see what actually went down that caused Bethany to be reborn and what not. Also, I was kind of curious on how Apollo tricked her into killing her lover, now I know. The cheating jerk. Anyways, it took me a while to figure out what was going on with the second short story. Basically, it's another one explaining the ways of being a dream god that has the law to not fall into love or feel any emotion whats so ever. But the story is interesting because it basically tells you that no matter how much you try to feel no emotion, there is always going to be that one person who makes you feel at least something. I think we have a theme here at this point in the book by the way. Just saying.

Sadly I'm only a quarter of the way through the book. Meaning that I only read two short stories. At least I have the motivation to finish the book, though. I just requested three more books from the library. Who knows when they will be in, but I'm pretty excited to see what books I have next on my list.

So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment