Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A third of the way through Daughter of the Moon Goddess

 

Hey there Bookies,

First thing I must say about this book is that it is so long to read. It takes me forever to read because it is so slow. The only excitement I had was in the beginning when she had to run away from home because the empress was getting suspicious that the Moon Goddess was hiding something. Which she was because she was hiding her daughter. The daughter is our main character in the whole book. It's also told in her perspective. Anyways I'm hoping this book picks up very soon. So far nothing has really happened. The story explains how she was hiding in this one house as an attendant for the daughter of the house because it's a noble's home. She is mistreated because everyone sees our main character as someone below them because she has no family background. The lie she has been telling people in order to keep her true identity a secret is that her parents are dead. Well she doesn't straight out say they are dead but doesn't correct people when they assume that they are dead. Anyways there is a competition to find someone worthy of becoming the crown prince's study companion and our lead character tries out for it. Much to the empress's displeasure, our main character wins the competition and works along side the crown prince as well as being his attendant. After working together for so long the two end up falling in love but their love story comes to an end when the emperor announces the arranged marriage of the crown prince. Our lead character feels hurt and betrayed to the point she leaves the crown prince and joins the army. And, that is pretty much where I left off. I am now going through her time in the army. I hate to say but so far I'm very disappointed in this book. I thought I would love it because of the mythology and folklore, but it is so slow. Nothing is happening in this book and I kind of feel like falling asleep when I read it. Let's hope it picks up the more I read.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment