Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Almost done reading From Blood and Ash

 

Hey there Bookies,

I have almost finished From Blood and Ash and it was a task. There are things about this book that show its potential but its still pretty boring. I remember nothing from this book other than the interesting parts where it caught my interest. Like the battle on the Rise against a hoard of Craven. The attack during The Rite. I know some people love this book and some hate this book. I'm kind of in between. The book is okay but needs some improvement. There are two ways this book could be improved. The first way is that we eliminate the whole romance thing. No love or lust interest. Just Poppy's journey of being the Maiden and trying to figure out if that is truly want she wants. Where during her journey she finds out the truth of all that is going on and her process of accepting what she as discovered. The second option is we focus on the romance. Eliminate the whole Maiden thing and make it like a Romeo and Juliet retelling. And how they use their love to overcome the obstacles in there way. Mixing the two options together in my opinion is actually hurting the story. But will I read the second book of the series? Maybe. Did I hate the book? No but I do think it could be improved. I think it is a little harsh to see people call this book trash. It's not trash. It's just okay. If you read this book and you love it, more power to you. Love what you want to love. I'm a huge fan of Jennifer L Armentrout. She wrote one of my favorite series, if not my favorite. But to read this book and not get what I expected from her is a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure what I'll be rating this book but I'll have to sit down and really think about it for a bit. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment