Saturday, July 9, 2022

Finished reading Hereafter

 

Hey there Bookies,

I meant to update sooner but I was out of town for three days. Nothing like participating in a three day event and getting sunburnt to put you in a reading mood. I'm amazed with how much reading I got done during my three days. One of them being Hereafter.

There comes a point when you get so busy with life that you forget that you have an audiobook. That is what happened with this book and when I finally remembered it, it was already returned. So I figured it was best to have the book in my hands and I was correct. I finished the book. Now nothing is special about this book but being a young adult book, its okay. Not one of my favorites. Also it is similar to another young adult book I read a few years back that I really enjoyed. So I can't help but compare this book with that one. Especially when they both kind of have the same thing going on. The book I'm talking about is one called Anna Covered in Blood or something like that. As far as I remember, I really enjoyed that book. But anyways, Hereafter has a lot of similarities to the book. Both books have a mortal young man with ghost seeing abilities. Both books have a ghost girl that is the love interest for ghost seeing boy. The only differences is that at the end of this book mortal boy gets to keep the ghost girl. Even after she does her major battle at the end, which wasn't even a battle. The ending could have played out completely more epic. More of a battle between ghost girl and the evil ghost. Instead all we get is a few cracks in the road and the big bad ghosts come and take evil ghost away. Battle over. Also the book is kind of a drag. It's a slow one and not a whole lot happens. The story is just the two main characters building this relationship as they try to discover the ghost girl's past. I understand this is a young adult book and it isn't supposed to be too complicated, but it could have a bit more....excitement. Even the exorcism was kind of lame when it happened in the book. There was so much more potential for this book and it feels like it just fell flat. I hate to say it but I didn't really care for this book. It was okay but it wasn't fantastic. If I could give it two and a half stars I would but it will have to be stuck with two. But feel free to check out the book. Maybe you will like it, maybe you won't. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment