Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Almost done reading The House in the Cerulean Sea

 

Hello Bookies,

Well I'm almost done with the book and I already can see how this book is going to end. It is kind of predictable if you ask me. But since I'm a completionist, I'll keep reading until I get to the last page. Anyways, I did enjoy the read. But would I give it five stars? Probably not. It's more like three, if I'm feeling generous. The book is okay and it was a nice read but it didn't grip me. I was just reading it because it was enjoyable but I feel like the book just wasn't for me. I did enjoy some of the characters but the storyline was a little....repetitive. I've seen so many stories where the main character is so set in their ways that they end up in a place that changes their views on life to the point that their old life doesn't suit them before. Like I said, I enjoyed the read but we could have a little bit of a uniqueness to the story. It seems like since losing my passion in reading I've become a little harsher with my thoughts on books that I read and I feel a little bad about it. Sadly, it is the truth. That is how I feel and I like to be honest. Will I recommend this book to someone? I would. It's not a bad book, it is just something I've seen many times before and it isn't for me, because that kind of storyline gets old after a while. But feel free to check out the book, I'm sure some of you will love it.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment