Saturday, July 23, 2022

Apparently I've already read this book


 Hello Bookies,

Have I read this book before? Apparently, according to my posts in 2017. Do I remember everything? Not at all. I don't even remember reading the book. So imagine my surprise when I found it already added to my Jennifer L Armentrout's Books page. My thought was that I had started to read it and just didn't finish it. That it is just a draft of a time I was too overwhelmed with life and lost my interest in reading. That was not the case. I had finished the book and I don't remember anything. I should really get my head checked out. Anyways now the whole book was to see if it would spark any memory at all. What a journey we had. To be honest, I'm only half way through the book. The more I read this book the more I mix it up with Vampire Academy. It appears I remember that book series more than this one. Anyway we have our main character, Alex, pretty much trying to survive after her mother is killed by vampire like creatures called Daimons. But they aren't vampires because they don't drink blood but a thing called aether, which is kind of the life force of the people in this book. Now I don't exactly remember what they are but I do remember its something related to the Greek gods. Anyway we have two classes in this world. The pure-bloods and the half-bloods. Pure-bloods are the elite class and are really important and control all of the laws. Half-bloods are the people that guard the Pure-bloods from the daimons. Also the Half-bloods are seen as like second class citizens by the Pure-bloods and something that can be easily replaced because there is so many of them. Anyway our lead character returns to the school she was taken out of by her mother three years prier. No one knows why her mother decided to do that and I don't think we will ever know. But Alex meets with her uncle who is the new dean of the school and the news isn't good. He was ready to kick her out of school and send her to be a slave for her step-father. But thanks to some help from the people who brought her back to the school was able to convince her uncle to give her one more chance. Now Alex has to train all summer in hopes to catch up with her class while trying to keep a good clean record. It's not easy since Alex likes to act before she thinks. Also she may have a crush on her training partner Aiden, who is a pure-blood. I forgot the mention that it is forbidden to have the pure-bloods and the half-bloods date. No one knows why, but some believe that it is the gods' will to not mix the bloodlines. Anyway the book is kind of blah and I know the younger me loved the book but now I don't know. I guess we will see when I finish the book.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment