Monday, September 1, 2014

Finished reading Onyx

Nothing like a big battle breaking out, followed by a kidnapping, and then a heart felt reunion to make you not want to put the book down. Anyways, I finished Onyx and I'm pretty blown away. Also, since its been a theme in the past few books I've read, someone has to die. Actually there were a lot of deaths in this book, but most of it were bad guys. Only because Daemon is a bad ass. Anyways, the huge battle that broke out in the book was pretty epic. I have a feeling that every book in the Lux Series is going to have at least one major battle in it. Anyways, the battle happens after Katy finds out who Blake really is. Yes he is a hybrid like her, but the big secret is something you never see coming. She didn't even see coming. But once you learn about the secret, it all makes complete sense. Anyways, Blake threatens Katy that he was turning her in to the DOD. Katy freaks out and Dee comes up to the door, ready to take Katy to a party. In order to protect Dee, Katy says some hurtful things. Only thing is that Dee came back with her boyfriend and started to fight. Things weren't going so well, and then Daemon came to save the day. Yay Daemon! I can see now why I used a fictional character to protect me from my mother. Didn't work obviously, but it sure made an interesting sight. But back to the book. After the battle was done, Katy finally admits her feelings for Daemon. So now I guess they are a couple. Sadly their time of peace was short lived and Katy gets kidnapped. She gets used to draw Daemon in to take part in a twisted plot to make someone a mutant. I had my suspicions on who it was, but it is still shocking. Also the way they capture Katy reminded me of another book I've read, but I can't put my finger on what the book was. Oh, now I do. The same kind of tactic happened in the Hush Hush Series. Only the car crashed and the girl was saved by her boyfriend before she was used to bring him into a wanted location. I was kind of hoping that would happen in Katy's case, but it didn't. Darn. But Katy gets saved, and then they rush to go save Daemon's brother, Dawson. Only fact is that they didn't find him at said location. So they go home thinking they will never see Dawson again. Only fact is Dawson is already home. Problem is he is like a walking zombie. I wonder if he'll ever get back to normal. I guess we'll never know until I get Opal, the third book in the series. So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment