Thursday, September 25, 2014

Started reading White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Alright, here is the new book I'm reading. And as usual I'm drooling over the guy on the cover. I really need to stop that. Anyways, I have learned that I really need to read what is written on the back of a book before actually reading it. That way I may have some insight on what is going on. But, maybe you guys like that about me. I just dive into a book, no hesitations. Anyways, our book starts with out main character Layla and her two best friends. They are all chilling before going to a study group. Layla bails on them because she is secretly a demon hunter. Okay, she just tags demons so the actual demon hunters that she lives with can go eliminate them from earth. Anyways, her easy demon turns into a big problem when it turns into a stronger demon. She could still hold her own, but luckly and even stronger demon comes to her rescue. He even has a snake tattoo named Bambi. Read the book and you'll understand that last statement. Anyways, Layla decides to book it while the two demons are distracted. She then goes home and spends quality time with her childhood crush, Zayne. You can say that these demon hunters that she is living with are gargoyles, and maybe just maybe Layla is half gargoyle. Anyways, she falls alseep talking to Zayne and doesn't get a chance to study for a test or do homework. The next day she goes to school and her best friend Stacey is someone I have to love. Speaks her mind and is all about hooking Layla with any guy that shows interest. Especially when the demon from last night shows up in class, making Stacey think he's the reason Layla bailed on them. Her running out of the classroom doesn't help matters either. Or trying to start a fight in the girl's bathroom. Of course I completely understand why she would want to fight, this guy is following her everywhere. He says its only so they can talk. This kind of peaks my interest. Anyways, after everything Layla goes home only to find out that the person that Zayne is supposed to marry has come for a visit. She's not to happy about it, so much that she went to her old spot from when she was a child. Zayne came running after her and spent time with her. I think Zayne has serious feelings for Layla, but being a guy, he's just not going to tell. Then she has to go back to school and face her demon once again, who's name is Roth by the way. I'm only three or four chapters in, and I'm already loving the book. So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment