Friday, September 19, 2014

Reading Rule part 4

I'm kind of nearly finish with this book and it makes me sad. What makes me even sadder is that I can't read the other books of the series because the library only has 'downloadable audio files' and I want the actual book. I also said it in air quotes because there is no way to download the file anyways, or I'm just too stupid to figure it out. The library should at least have a hard copy of the book for people like me. Anyways, I'm here to talk about the book, not complain about the library system. I can't remember what I told you guys about the book so far. I think it was the show for Jet was where I left off. So I'm going to tell you about the book from there. Anyways, Shaw was lucky to avoid the weekend with her mother so far due to the fact that her mother has been so busy. But then the weekend had come and she had to face her ex. Also she had to face her mother's pressure to get back together with her ex. Everyone keeps saying that they would never last and that he would screw up to the point she was going to get hurt bad. So when she does tell Rule about her trip with her ex, he pretty much gets mad and shuts her out. Shaw ends up going to her parents not sure what Rule is thinking since he pretty much talking to her. It even breaks her heart a little. Especially when she learns through her friend that he was with another girl. Find out that he was going back what he knew and felt terrible about it. Rule ended up driving to her parents to apologize about everything after his brother Rome talks some reason into him. It really drove Shaw's mom crazy when he arrived and had brunch with them. So when they were about to leave, Shaw ends up getting attacked by her ex-boyfriend. It freaked her out to the point that she just grabbed Rule and left. She didn't even tell him about it until after she broke down crying on the way home. He gets crazy protective, calls a friend of his for advice, and pretty much thinks someone should be with her at all times. I think that is actually a good idea because who knows what her crazy ex would do. Anyways, Rule is starting to see that he missed out on a lot by not having a relationship before Shaw. He also feels like its completely right with having her around. Even her calling him her boyfriend makes him feel like he can take on the world. So while he went to go get her car from her mom's house, he ended up stopping at his parents' house. Sadly it doesn't go well because his mom is acting like a complete bitch. Pardon my language, but I had to say it. What kind of parent shuts out their kid for something that could of happened in many different ways? Poor Rule. At least his dad is on his side. Meanwhile Shaw was learning that one of Rule's friends Jet got her best friend all in knots. I think this is why the next book is pretty much about Jet. Now I want to read the second one more then ever, but the stupid library haven't heard of hard copies lately. But back to the book. Shaw and her friend have a heart to heart and hopefully it gave her friend some insight on what she wants. Anyways, this post is longer then I'd like it to be because there is just so much going on in the book. I was hoping to be able to post this when I finished the book, but since I'm no where near finish. I'll just post. I'm really liking the book and I just hope there was a way for me to get a hard copy of Jet, the second book of the Marked Men series, and not have to pay a dime. I'm too broke to buy more books right now. Also I'm saving up for my relocation in the spring. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment