Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reading Love Is The Drug by Alaya Dawn Johnson

So I got this book in the mail technically yesterday, but since I don't think its a new day until the sun is actually up, I'll say today. Anyways, I have no idea what this book is about. I thought the cover was cool and entered the contest to get it for free. Also I thought it was time that I got another advance copy to help an author out. So I have until the 30th to tell you all about the book and what I think about it. Yay!
So here is what I gathered so far. Its not much since the book it kind of confusing to me and I'm not sure what is going on. Our main character is Bird. Emily Bird to be more exact, but she likes to go by Bird. Anyways, she is part of a group of students that are rich and have connections to some very important people. The books starts off at a party that someone threw in order to help the students get internships and jobs for the summer. You can tell that Bird feels uncomfortable in this lifestyle, but she won't complain in hopes of making her mother happy. She also has a secret crush on the school druggie, Coffee. His real name is Alanso, but I guess he goes by a nickname as well. Anyways, there will be nothing between Coffee and Bird because it would ruin her image, plus she has a boyfriend named Paul. But I think the chapter ends with Paul selling her out to the CIA and pretty much takes her to them. I'm not a hundred percent sure. So far this book is a little complicated for my simple mind. Its interesting. I'll give it that. But I don't think I'm going to care for it much. We will see. I only read the first chapter. Too soon to judge the book right now.
Also I'll got back to reading Original Sin as soon as I finish this book. But, I have a poll going on to see what you think I should read next. Barely Breathing or Love Gone Mad. Both books I've read the first chapter, and both books sound really good right now. So help me pick out my next book by voting. The book with the most votes will be my next book for this blog. I can't wait to see what you guys choose. So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment