Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reading two books at once

I'm trying to be really talented and read two books at once. Only because I want to read a certain book before my mom. Its a thing we have, sometimes I don't even understand it.
So, one of the books I'm reading is the third book in the Lux series, Opal. We had the second book end with Daemon's brother magically appearing at his house after they went on a wild goose chase to find him. Anyways, there have been some adjustment issues. Dawson can't sleep and it's affecting Daemon and Dee. Also I think it affecting Katy because he tends to appear in her bedroom, and that is how the book starts. Dawson watching Katy sleep. Creepy much? Luckly Daemon appears in the house and Dawson leaves. Then Daemon wants to spend some time with Katy and things were getting steamy until something comes crashing through the bedroom window. Apparently someone was spying and Dawson ended up killing the person and it threw him threw the window. It ended up with a meeting and having Katy pretty shaken up. Also Katy realizes that nothing is going to be the same between her and Dee. If you read the second book, you'll know why. I wish I could tell you, but that would ruin it all.
The second book that I'm reading, you'll already know about. Love Is The Drug won't be out until September 30th, but I will be happy to tell you all about it. Okay, maybe not all of it. That would just ruin the book. Anyways, our main character Bird wakes up in a hospital after a night out with her boyfriend. I think I remember telling you that they were invited to a party to get internships and jobs with some very important people. But after some certain events that Bird can't seem to remember, she ends up in the hospital. The story that she was told was that she was drinking and her drink was laced with a homemade drug. She panicked when someone came running after the car and she took over the wheel, making her and her boyfriend get in a car accident. The person who supposedly placed a drug in her drink would be her secret crush Coffee. Bird has a feeling that this story could possibly not true. She knows something in wrong and she wants to remember what really happened. I'm kind of curious on what really happened. Obviously her boyfriend Paul gave her something and in putting the blame on an easy out. Coffee must of seen it all happen, making that a reason too on why the government is now after him. This book just got really interesting.
So, I told myself that I'd read on chapter out of one book for every three chapters out of the other. I figured that would be the most efficient way to read the two books at the same time. So until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment