Thursday, September 18, 2014

Reading Rule

Is it sad that I really like Rule a few pages into the book. That is actually his name people, and I like it. Also I like how it starts with Rule pretty much kicking his one night stand out the door because he has to leave and she doesn't want him to kick her to the curb. Also I can just picture one of his one night stands throwing a rock at him as he walked away from them. Anyways, after the scene with his one night stand, Rule gets in the car with Shaw Landon. She I guess is an old family friend, according to the back she dated one of Rule's brothers. When I first read the book before looking at the back of the book, I'd thought she was his sister. They fight like it. Anyways, on the way to Rule's parents house, Shaw lets him know that his brother Rome is home after getting injured while serving in the army. So the trip has both Rule and Shaw having a nice little conversation. Apparently it's a rarity since they both don't really get a long and tend to just ignore each other. But I don't think it lasted long. Sad. Also I've noticed that if you don't pay close attention you won't notice that the book actually changes points of views with Rule and Shaw. The chapter will tell you who at the beginning. I learned this pretty quick because the latest books that I've been reading tends to be changing point of views a lot. So you learn that Shaw has been in love with Rule since the day they met, even if she ended up dating his brother in the long run. You also learn who Rule's twin brother died before you switch to Shaw's point of view. Anyways the brunch with Rule's parents is quite interesting. I say that because his parents basically pick out everything wrong with him. This starts a little fight between Rule and his parents. His mother starts crying and Rule is ready to leave. I guess its routine that Rule only comes over less then five minutes before someone says something they shouldn't. So on the ride home, Shaw gets sick with a migraine making Rule drive. Also he shows his sensitive caring side. Shaw is completely surprised by it. Then they decide that they are no longer going to do Sundays with Rule's parents making Shaw think she will never see him again. But as if fate was at play, Rule ends up at the place where Shaw works and saves her from her crazy ex. I'm not even done with chapter three and I feel like I learned a lot in the book. I didn't think I would making such long posts on this book, but it looks like I will be. I'm not complaining. So expect me to talk a lot about this book in the next few days. So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment