Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Finished reading Wild Cards

I guess being sick in bed has its advantages, in a way. The whole day I had a grandmother telling my how lazy I am and how I always have something wrong with me. She's a mean lady, but can't help but love the woman. Kind of reminded me of Derek's grandma in the book. She is set in her ways and is willing to do what ever it takes to change her grandchild into her standards. I didn't think I would read a book that reminds me of my grans. Shocker. Anyways, I finished the book. I was already half way through it when I placed it on my bookshelf. So, Ashtyn and Derek went to Texas. Ashtyn went through hell at football camp and Derek went through hell with his grandmother. But, Derek ended up finally telling Ashtyn why he doesn't play football anymore. Of course that was after the fact that she found out he was some football prodigy. There was a bit of fighting, both verbal and physical, as you got closer to the end. Then some love confessions, and even more fighting. Derek likes to fight a lot. Then the most romantic thing to win the girl's heart. I also may have almost cried a few times. I couldn't help it, I'm just emotional like that. Anyways, I liked the book. Sure it was a little predictable, but you can't help but be drawn into it. If I could, I'd give the book four and a half stars. But I can't, so it has to be given four stars. Sad face. But, its a good book and I recommend you to go read it if you are into romantic lovey stuff. I'm for sure a sucker for those. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment