Saturday, July 5, 2014

Started reading Effortless

Okay, so I found out that I have to finish this book by the 23rd of this month. So I'm putting down Angel Killer, even if I don't want to, and picking up this book. Effortless is actually the second book in a series. I gave the first book a pretty good review on my website, www.lysrobison.webnode.com, and now I'm up to reviewing this book. I got pretty excited when it arrived at the library since I requested it.
Anyways, a little recap on what happened in the first book. If you want to know what actually happened, I recommend you read it. Its like watching a modern version of a soap opera with way better acting. The book is so relateable in a way.
So Thoughtless started with our main character, Kiera, traveling all the way across the country with her boyfriend for his job. They move in with one of his friends and everything seems to go pretty well. At least until Kiera's boyfriend, Danny, leaves to a whole different state. Kiera ends up getting closer to Danny's best friend, Kellan, and you can so see something brewing up between these two.
Things get more complicated when Danny is offered a job in a different state and asks Kiera to finish up school, then meet up with him. She basically told him no way, did something stupid, and then woke up in a haze of guilt. Danny comes back and all hell breaks loose between Kellan and Kiera because Kiera can't choose who the hell she wants. It gets so bad that there are a few fights that break out. Some one almost gets killed. Then it ends with Kiera fighting for the man she loves to take her back. Surprise, surprise, its Kellan. But, he still doesn't trust her all that much and fears that she'll leave him for some other guy.
So, all this leads to the next book in line, Effortless. I am just about to start it and am pretty excited what drama lies within its pages. Is someone going to cheat? Is someone going to leave? Maybe one wants to get married while the other doesn't. Maybe even a baby on the way. Who knows. The possibilities seem endless before you even read the first page. So, I'll post once again with I'm a third of the way.
So until next time, go read Thoughtless so you aren't lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment