Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Started reading Gathering Blue

Why did no one tell me that the one book that started my bookworm status was part of a series? I just so happen to grab the second book with out even realizing it. Yay to the subconscious. Anyways, the first that I ever read that made me love reading was The Giver. I read the book like six times in one year and I had to read other adventures after that. It was like opening a door to all of these possibilities. If only it came sooner then later in school. Would of helped me out a lot. Anyways, I also hear The Giver is being turned into a movie. If so, I want to see it. What better reason then to see the book that started it all in motion picture? I'm prepared to see a lot of differences.
So the book I'm talking about is Gathering Blue. I'm not sure what it is about. I just saw it for sale at goodwill for like $.99. I briefly read the back, thought it would be interesting and bought it.  Then I looked it up on Goodreads to see if it was part of a series in case I can't read it until I read the first book. Turns out it is part of a series and its the second book. I went to check out the series for the name of the first book, and I'm shocked to see that I read the first book already. I look over to the title and guess what I see, it the fricken giver. So that just made huge expectations for this book. Not many books get put up against the one book that started it all. Usually they get compared to my favorite book. So I'm so ready to pick up this book and just see what adventures it hold. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment