Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finished reading Opal

Yay! I'm finally done with Opal. Okay, not really, but this will be my last post for it. Anyways, lets get talking about Opal. So, it is time to build up a tolerance to onyx for our crew. Daemon didn't hesitate to put the biggest piece of onyx on Blake's face. But to his disappointment, Blake is immune to its pain. Darn. Then everyone started holding the onyx until they dropped. After they call it a night, Daemon almost kills Blake....again, and Katy toughs out going to her room. I say that because of the events that had happened in it. In other news, Katy's friend has been reported missing. This makes it so much harder on Katy, because she knows what happened to her friend but she has to play clueless. I feel bad for the girl. So she joins the search party in order to keep up the act. Of course, she leaves early to go on a 'date' with Daemon. Really they were hunting down Blake's friend and ask some questions of their own. So the trip was full of games and Daemon's huge ego. You'll understand what I mean when you read the book. The whole scene made me smile. Even their arrival at the club made me laugh. I kind of want a love like that. Anyways, the meet with Blake's friend. They get some information, and some of it is pretty mind blowing. You find out what Opal does to Luxens and hybrids. Its pretty cool. Now if only they could get there hands on some. Anyways, opal problems put aside. Apparently prom is fast approaching. Katy doesn't think she deserves if after loosing a best friend, but Daemon talks her into it. He also gets her a new expensive laptop. And then, they find some opal under Katy's bed. Its like fricken Christmas for them as they tend to try it out. It also solves their onyx issue, only problem is that only one can hold it. Unless someone gets more opal somewhere. So the opal is a secret right now. Also Katy has prom dress shopping to worry about with her friends and Daemon's ex. Yikes. Of course, Katy and Lesa couldn't help but pick on the said ex with every opportunity they got. So after a fun day of shopping, everyone goes home. Katy gets a small surprise when she walks in her kitchen. Nothing like seeing your mother's crazy boyfriend, who was reported missing, sitting at the table waiting for you. What a creeper. I'm sure the guy has seen better days. The way its described of what he looks like kind of sounds scary to walk in your house to see. I would of screamed and ran next door at the sight if I were in Katy's position. Maybe then she wouldn't of gotten shot and....I'm leaving at that. I know I'm such a sucker. You'll just have to read the book to see if Katy lives or dies. I know some of you are saying "obviously she lived if there is a fourth book". So I'm going to finish my last few pages and finish Rome so I can read Ugly Love. I have a lot to do. So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment