Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reading Rome part 2

I can't help but drool over the cover. But, lets get past the fact that I'm completely lusting over these models that are used for book covers. I want one by the way, so tell me where they find these smoking models. Anyways, enough of me being a total girl, lets talk about the book that I've been sneaking every once in a while. So Rome showed up at where Cora works because he wanted to talk to his brother Rule. I guess the guy kind of wanted to apologize for his behavior and he even apologized to Cora. Which led to a small flirting session and a good talking to Cora from Nash. I have a feeling Nash is going to be my favorite by the ways. But we aren't here to talk about Nash, we are here to talk about Rome. The older Archer brother, so they describe him in the book. So Cora is closing up shop when her boss Phil walks in. Apparently he doesn't look well, and she can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with her old family friend. Of course, he isn't going to tell her anything. So she changes the subject to Rome. You can say she is trying to know more about the guy. I think he got under her skin pretty quick and she just doesn't know it yet. Meanwhile, Rome gets a job at the bar where he ended up getting in a fight in. Its basically so he can pay back for the trouble he caused. He did offer money, but the owner just wanted him to work there. At least he now has something to do during his free time. But that doesn't stop his night terrors or the late phone calls from overseas giving him updates on what is going on. I don't think any of his what ever you call them, they just don't want to let Rome go. Its also making Rome getting over what he saw not any easier. Anyways, after a long day Rome's boss ends up calling Cora's work place looking for Rule. Sadly Rule ran out of the shop after getting a call from Shaw about a leaky water heater. So Cora had Take-Rome-Home duty. She more like volunteered. Nothing like taking home a drunk Rome, it's quite entertaining to read. Of course Cora takes Rome to her place instead because Nash wasn't home to help her drag the guy in the house. It also give Cora a chance to check out Rome when he is passed out on her bed. I'm starting to think that her plan isn't going to work out the way she wanted it to. I'm going to stop now. I'm about a fourth of the way through the book. I'll write again when I'm about halfway. I'm really tired, so I'm just going to call it a night. So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment