Friday, October 10, 2014

Started reading The Edge of Always by J. A. Redmerski

Okay, I just have to point out the fact that the guy on the cover kind of looks like Davey Havok from AFI. Which is pretty awesome. So this is the sequel to the book The Edge of Never. I don't remember much from the first book because it was a while since I've read it. All I remember is that Cam randomly went on a bus one day. She met a guy named Andrew and they went on a major road trip together. Both of them ended up falling in love with each other only to find out that Andrew had a brain tumor. At least I think it was a brain tumor. Apparently he had it for a while and had been putting off doing something about it. He nearly died, but pulled through. The book ended with him proposing to Cam and her telling him that she was pregnant. The end. I'm sure there was more, but that's all I remember. So lets talk about his book. It takes place a few months after the first one left off. Which I kind of like. Anyways, it starts off with them getting ready to go to the doctor's for an appointment to see the baby for the first time. They're just a bundle of nerves like every new parent. Cam is pretty much second guessing everything and worries about everything. Like I said, typical first time mom. But Andrew surprises her by taking her back home to see her mom and the best friend that he only tolerates to Cam's sake. Her mom and best friend then throw a small baby shower for them, but Cam cuts out short because she's tired. Everyone is pretty much worried about her. So far out of all the books that I've read lately, the pregnancies don't go so well. Hopefully this one does. But, I'm going to wrap up this post and enjoy the company of my mom. She came to visit me with my brother while I'm on my little get away vacation and I have to admit, I kind of missed them both. So I probably won't get any reading done while they are here. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment