Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Reading Glimmerglass part one by Mom

Hi, everyone - I am Lys's Mom. As I am starting to give you my first blog of the Glimmer glass, Lys just took a drink from my glass of my milk which I just poured. Grrrrr. I always believe that we should share but leave a little for me. Ok? The reaction I get is a little smile but she continues on drinking  my glass of milk.... To let you know, she did leave me a little.
Now, back to my thoughts of this book. When I started reading, I had images of movies that popped in my head that were similar to what was happening in the book. So, far I got "What a Girl Wants" and "Mortal Instruments." So, far that I have read, is a girl that has been raised by a mother that has a drinking problem. The mother says bad things about the girls' Dad when she is sober to make her stay with her but then again tells her great things when she is drunk. So, the girl decides to go and call her Dad to meet him. So, she runs away from her Mom. It isn't exactly like the movie but you get the just. The girl travels to London and then to Avalon, which is the border between the real world and the magical world. Here the girl is sort of kidnapped before she meets her Dad for the first time by her Aunt. Her Aunt kept her in a cell for safe keeping and guarded by something very huge. She was rescued by the gorgeous guy and sister, gee didn't see that coming, right? Still she hasn't met her father, she has been attacked by monsters that look like twigs and their is a battle of politics in the magic kingdom. The Good versus Evil motif. Who will win and it all will depend on the girl's life. Still I like to know- when is she going to meet or see her dad. So, I will continue reading the book just to see when will she meet him and will her image of him be what she dreamed of. Till next time..... bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment