Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reading Onyx

I just want to throw my theory out there about the book. Katy is part Luxen. Her Dad was an alien like Daemon, that fell in love with a human, got outcasted, got married, had a baby, and then died. That is what I'm starting to believe. I could be wrong, but I hope I am right. It is the only way to explain what is going on with Katy. I guess I should clarify it a little bit. So, after Katy got really sick, she returns to school. A new guy named Blake starts attending and he seems to have the hots for Katy. This is making Daemon very jealous. Its about time someone ruffled his feathers. Might actually get him to man up. Anyways Katy has somethings happening with her. First thing is that her locker opened up all by itself. Freaked her out, but she tried to play it off by saying that she was more focused on a guy named Simon then opening her locker. Which could be possible since this Simon guy is a complete dick. He was even nice enough to tell everyone that she slept with him and half of the football team. Like I said, he's a complete dick. Anyways, that wasn't the only incident, just the first. The next time something happened, Katy was thinking about a glass of sweet tea. In response to her thoughts, a glass breaks on the counter and the tea is tipped over in the fridge spilling. Once again she tries to play it off thinking her mom left the tea open and it fell over when she put it away, and that the glass fell out of the cupboard and broke. She was becoming more freaked out though and is starting to realize something isn't right with her. Her next event just so happen to have happen on her first date with Blake. A branch broke off a tree and she made it stop in mid air long enough for Blake to get out of the way. Daemon came to the rescue on that and made an excuse saying that Katy was freaked out by the branch falling and nearly landing on them. Blake wasn't surprised though, making Daemon a little jealous of him, I think. Then the night of the party that Dee was throwing came and Katy shattered some windows of a house down the street because Simon made her upset. He was pretty much drunk and begged her to forgive him for everything he did. She was in the right to not forgive the guy and scare the crap out of him. Of course, her and Daemon then got in a fight because one won't admit their feelings, aka Katy, and the other wants something more then what they have, aka Daemon. Usually its the girl begging for the relationship and the guy not admitting feelings. These two are going to end up together by the end of the book. That is how these things work. Unless someone dies, because lately out off all the books I've read, someone dies. There will be no dying in this book, unless its a bad guy. Kill the bad guys as much as you want, just don't kill the most loveable character, or I'll be mad. But, I'm off to go see if my theory is right. I hope it is. So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment